When’s the best time to post to social media platforms to ensure your content is most seen? URL shortening service Bitly has crunched some new numbers. Success on Twitter and Facebook means posting in the early afternoons, while Tumblr likes the night life.
Note that all times are in Eastern Time, which makes sense in terms of activity. From 1pm-3pm ET, for example, corresponds to 10am-Noon Pacific Time. During those hours, most of the entire United States is awake.
- Post 9am-3pm ET, Monday through Thursday
- Especially post 1-3pm ET, Monday through Thursday
- Avoid posting after 8pm ET during the weekends
- Avoid posting after 3pm ET on Friday and at all on weekends
- Post 1-4pm ET during the week
- Especially post midweek 1-3pm ET
- The very best time is Wednesday at 3pm ET
- Avoid posting between 8pm ET and 8am ET during the week
- Avoid posting on weekends
- Post from 4pm ET onward
- Especially post from 7pm-10pm ET onward, with Monday and Tuesdays being good
- Post on Friday evenings
So we are posting at roughly 8:17 PM EDT.
And sorry, Google+, you got left out.