- Twitter has passed the half-billion account mark with 517 million accounts as of July 1, with 141.8 million of those users in the U.S.
- The top three cities in terms of tweets are Jakarta, Tokyo and London
- Geolocation is only used 0.77% of the time
- The highest-ranking U.S. city for tweeting is New York, with 0.4% of all tweets. San Francisco accounts for only 0.2% of all tweets.
- Brazil usurped Japan as the second-largest country after the U.S. but it is the most engaged. It has 10.6% of all tweets but only 6.7% of users.
- Japanese after English is the second-most popular language
So what the heck happened between January 2012 through July 2012?
Reblogged from courtenaybird